Antiterrorism Censorship: Macron teams up with the Web giants to set up mass surveillance
Content regulation: what legal obligations for the GAFAM?
Regulating the Web through decentralisation
- The Squaring of our Lives (Les Quadratures de nos Vies)01/10/18
- Antiterrorist Censorship: The EU Commission Wants to Kill the Decentralized Internet12/09/18
- Copyright Directive: the cultural industry and press publishers feed on the crumbs of the mass surveillance business12/09/18
- Teemo, Fidzup: French privacy watchdog bans rogue geolocation, EU considers legalising it04/09/18
- In France, Smart City Policing is Spreading Like Wildfire17/08/18
[Dw] France embraces facial recognition tech
[Reuters] French government seeks to comb social media to fight tax fraud
[Politico] French privacy watchdog says facial recognition trial in high schools is illegal
- [TheStar] France set to roll out nationwide facial recognition ID program04/11/19
- [TheWashingtonPost] Emmanuel Macron Wants to Scan Your Face14/10/19
- [BloomBerg] France Set to Roll Out Nationwide Facial Recognition ID Program13/10/19
- [SecurityWeek] Group Seeks Investigation of Deep Packet Inspection Use by ISPs01/06/19
- [BoingBoing] European telcos want the right to perform “deep packet inspection” on our data30/05/19
La Quadrature du Net defends
- Human Rights in the digital society
- Access to a free and open Internet
- Sharing of culture and knowledge
La Quadrature du Net is an advocacy group defending the rights and freedoms of citizens on the Internet.
Let us reform copyright!
In this regard, La Quadrature du Net's platform of proposals provides a thorough analysis of the key stakes and a consistent set of proposals, for the copyright reform as well as related culture and media policy issues.
Sharing: Culture and the Economy in the Internet Age
Philippe Aigrain, co-founder of La Quadrature du Net, in collaboration with Suzanne Aigrain, describes in his new book Sharing the creative contribution, a financial model designed to sustain an expanding creative economy in a context where sharing is recognized as a right.
Sharing is available
- as a paper book, available globally,
- as a commercial eBook in Epub format,
- in an open access electronic version,
- and a dedicated “live book“ website at http://www.sharing-thebook.com where you can comment on the book chapters, download source code and datasets, and interactively run models with parameters of your choice.